The Sanctuary of the Madonna della Stella is a structure of considerable religious importance located on the Selva hill, between the municipalities of Concesio, Cellatica and Gussago. Its construction, following the apparition of the Virgin Mary to a shepherd in 1536, was decided and carried out in a short period of time: work began in 1537 and was completed in 1539.
Subsequently, the three municipalities continued to embellish the sanctuary, erecting a marble altar in honour of the patron saints and saints evoked in cases of dire need by the faithful. During the 17th and 18th centuries, more altars and elegant balustrades were added, along with paintings of the flagellation and the coronation of Christ. Other noteworthy works include the surrounding walls to the forecourt, completed in 1698, the frame for the image of the Madonna and Child by Gerolamo Romanino and the two doors to the high altar, made in the early 18th century.