Chiesa di S. Michele (Church of S. Michele)

The church of San Michele, situated on the hill of the same name in the locality of Goiane, retains most of its original features, such as the 15th and 16th century frescoes and a primitive single-wing chapel, most likely from the Romanesque period. The panoramic view along the Po Valley on a clear day extends as far as the Apennines.

The nave is divided into three bays that join to form a quadrangular presbytery, covered by a barrel vault. The church underwent a second phase of work between the 17th and 18th centuries, with the construction of the bell tower, the altar, the sacristy and the caretaker’s house. The religious and votive decorations and frescoes are the work of local craftsmen. An ideal destination for an outing, there is a park at the back of the church with tables and benches for picnics in summer.

Opening hours:

Saturday: 9.00 – 12.00 / 14.00 – 19.00; 

Sunday 9.00 – 19.00  

Free admission. No reservations required.

 

OthersAbbeys and churches

MAIN PARTNERS

logo michelin
CNMI Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana
Porsche Carrera Cup Italia
1000 Miglia

TECHNICAL
PARTNERS

Slow Food
Parmigiano Reggiano
Calvisius
Acqua Panna
San Pellegrino
Valoritalia

EDUCATIONAL
PARTNERS