The Church of Santa Maria in Favento is the oldest in Adro. The building, of modest dimensions, was built around 1200 outside the main town centre, just over a kilometre to the north-east, where the Roman consular road to Valle Camonica once passed. It has a gabled façade, with a quadrangular portico on the north side and a single central opening as the entrance to the church.
Frescoes and decorations from the 15th and 16th centuries enrich the pronaos, which served as a shelter for wayfarers, and the interior; among the various works are the piece dedicated to St Christopher, protector of pilgrims, the Madonna con bambino, (Madonna and Child), L’Annunciazione (The Annunciation), The Trinità (The Trinity), San Giorgio e il drago (St George and the Dragon), in Byzantine style, and a cross from the Carolingian period. The church and picnic area can be reached on foot or by car along the cobbled road.