Pieve di Sant’Andrea (Parish Church)

According to legend, the Pieve di Sant’Andrea was founded in the 6th century by Bishop San Virgilio, probably on the remains of a Roman temple. Evidence of its ancient origins can be found in documents from the 16th century, which testify to the burial of the holy bishop inside the crypt.

The parish church houses works by famous artists and masters, who have enriched it over the centuries to give it its current appearance. The interior was renovated in the 19th century by architect Rodolfo Vantini and houses interesting works, such as frescoes by Angelo Inganni and the Archangel Michael by Francesco Hayez. The very tall Romanesque bell tower dominates the exterior at the centre of the façade, probably the work of the Comacini masters between the 7th and 11th centuries.

Opening hours:

Every day: 9.00 – 18.00

 

Pieve Sant Andrea
Pieve Sant Andrea
OthersAbbeys and churches

MAIN PARTNERS

logo michelin
CNMI Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana
Porsche Carrera Cup Italia
1000 Miglia

TECHNICAL
PARTNERS

Slow Food
Parmigiano Reggiano
Calvisius
Acqua Panna
San Pellegrino
Valoritalia

EDUCATIONAL
PARTNERS