Franco Ziliano named the Antica Fratta winery after the historic place that today is the area of Monticelli Brusati. Its story began in 1979 and its 50 hectares of land now produce up to 300,000 bottles a year.
Antica Fratta was originally a monastery. The building was transformed in 1850 by Luigi Rossetti, a merchant from Brescia who constructed the wine cellars opposite the villa, digging them out of rock in the area of Dosso Angelini. The same cellar that used to store still wines and basic necessities is today the place where Franciacorta wines reach maturation, taking the time necessary and with the right temperatures to obtain products of high quality and inestimable elegance.