Near Provaglio d’Iseo stands the Monastery of San Pietro in Lamosa, which was founded in 1083 and offers a splendid view over the Torbiere del Sebino (Lake Iseo Peat Bogs), a Nature Reserve since 1983. The monastery takes its name from Lame, the marshes drained by the Cluniacs using the latest farming techniques. Renovated in recent years, the Monastery of San Pietro has had its original appearance restored, including the medieval apse, bell tower and vast central nave, which was extended in the mid-16th century.
Part of the frescoes decorating the church have also been restored, some of which reveal the influence of the artists Gambara, Foppa and Il Romanino. The primitive Romanesque forms are best seen outside, in the apse and splayed windows. A Baroque chapel next to the church has been well preserved and seems to rise up from the enchanting Lame (marshes) behind.